Swakopmund offers visitors an action packed holiday and safari adventure with activities to suit all ages.
Things to do
Swakopmund offers visitors an action packed holiday and safari adventure with activities to suit all ages. There certainly is no shortage in things to do in this lively seaside town. Swakopmund emanates romance and history from German settlers, artists, beautiful gemstones, Herero women and fishermen; a unique and exciting mixture of cultures surrounded by the extraordinary Namib Naukluft Park, one of the largest desert areas in Africa.
Adventure activities include:
- Quad biking
- Horse trails
- Desert tours
- Camel rides
- Scenic Flights
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Microlight flights
- Skeleton Coast Tours
- Desert camping
Ocean activities include:
- Dolphin Cruises
- Shore-based angling
Apart from action and adventure activities visitors can simply enjoy long walks on the beach or explore the beautiful town of Swakopmund with its many coffee shops, restaurants and interesting places. The Swakopmund Hotel & Entertainment Centre is also a popular attraction offering a casino and a cinema.
Activities in the area include:
- Bird-watching at Sandwich Harbour and Walvis Bay
- Desert and dune excursions
- Excursions to the wild and remote Skeleton Coast Park
- Tours to the Namib Naukluft Park
Other tourist attractions in Swakopmund include:
- The Kristall Galerie is a must-see and houses the largest known crystal cluster in the world
- The Transport museum
- The National Marine Aquarium and a crystal gallery
- The Woermann House
- The War Memorial
- The 25 meter Damara Tower
- City Library & Art Gallery
- Snake Park
- Golf: Swakopmund is home to The Rossmund Desert Golf Course ideal for keen golfers; one of only 5 all-grass desert golf courses in the world offering a unique golfing experience.